Hospital Equipment for Emmerdale Drug Overdose Storyline
It wasn’t a very merry Christmas for some of the residents of Emmerdale this year as young character Noah Dingle’s life was left hanging in the balance after a suspected drugs overdose.
The tragic accident happened after Noah discovered that newcomer Danny had asked Noah’s niece, Sarah Sugden, to hide drugs for him.
Despite his continued efforts to protect Sarah and warn her of Danny’s bad influence on her, she didn’t want to know and told her Uncle to leave her alone.
Then in a low, desperate moment, after finding the drugs that Sarah had been hiding for Danny, Noah sadly took one of the pills and suffered an adverse reaction.
Alone and undiscovered in the woods for many hours, Noah’s condition was worsened by the fact that he was also suffering from hypothermia. But he was eventually found by a passer-by and was then quickly rushed into hospital in a critical condition.
Medical Hire were delighted to supply a wide range of medical props and equipment for this dramatic Christmas storyline.
For the medical emergency scenes, the team provided a stretcher, foil and cellular blankets, an Ambu bag , an oxygen cylinder with accessories, and a variety of consumables.
For scenes in the hospital, Medical Hire supplied a range of machines and equipment including a ventilator, a Bair Hugger warming unit, an Alaris docking station with syringe drivers, a vital signs patient monitor, plus a vast range of accessories and consumables.
As well as providing medical props and equipment to create the hospital scenes, Medical Hire also arranged for a medical advisor from children’s intensive care to visit the set prior to filming to check it was authentic.
Noah’s story continues on Emmerdale on ITV.
For more information on medical equipment and advice for TV and film, call 0113 2628000 or get in touch using the form below.